(1) As an administrative head of the Foundation, a Managing Director shall be appointed by Federal Government on recommendation of the Board.
(2) The Managing Director shall hold office, and exercise such powers, duties, obligations and privileges as the Board may confer upon him from time to time and shall accordingly in exercise of such powers delegated to him conform to any limits and restrictions which may be imposed by the Board from time to time in this respect. The Managing Director may exercise all such powers and do all acts and things on behalf of the Foundation as he may be authorized to do by the Board.
(3) In case the post of the Managing Director is vacant, an officer appointed by the Chairperson, shall act on his behalf and exercise powers as delegated to him by the Chairperson from time to time.
(4) The Managing Director shall be responsible for the day to day management of the Foundation particularly for:
- ensuring that the Foundation’s Vision, Mission, Objectives and Cardinal Principles are adhered to;
- proper administration of the affairs, funds and resources of the Foundation; and
- making to draw, endorse, sign, accept, negotiate and give all cheques, bills of lading, drafts, orders, bills of exchange, promissory notes, and other negotiable instruments as may be required by and be in the interest of the Foundation.
- securing the fulfillment of any contract, agreements or engagements entered into by the Foundation by mortgage or charge of all or any of the properties of the Foundation from time to time or in such manner as he may think fit in the interest of the Foundation.
- appointing at his discretion through delegated powers by the Board, removing or suspending officers and staff, including secretaries, clerks and other employees, either permanent or temporary, as he may deem fit and to determine their assignments and duties and fix their salaries or emoluments and he may constitute committees for this purpose;
- instituting, conducting, defending or abandon any legal proceedings by or against the Foundation or its officers or otherwise concerning the affairs of the Foundation and also to compound and allow time for payment or satisfaction of any debts due and of any claims or demands by or against the Foundation and for the purpose to appoint advocate (s);
- referring any claims or demands by or against the Foundation to arbitration and observe and perform the awards;
- exercising supervision and disciplinary control over the work and conduct of all employees of the Foundation; and
- any other tasks as may be delegated by the Board.
(5) The Managing Director –
- may in writing delegate his powers, as he may consider necessary to any officer of the Foundation;
- exercise in respect of the Foundation such administrative and financial powers including powers of delegation as may be delegated to him by the Board or the Chairperson
- submit the annual work plan and budget of the Foundation to the Executive Committee and the Board;
- operate the accounts of the Foundation;
- prepare the annual report of the Foundation for the Board;
- have powers to incur miscellaneous, contingent expenditure within the budgetary provision;
- exercise powers of a controlling officer in respect of his own bills and the travelling allowance bills of the employees of the Foundation; and
interacting with international agencies and donors, preparing and submitting projects
negotiating and executing partnership programs and projects with partner organization.
News & Events
Mr. Imran Afzal Cheema assumed charge of Managing Director, National Education Foundation on 1
The Managing Director, National Education Foundation briefed the Secretary, Ministry of Educat
For future collaboration of American Refugee Committee (ARC) and National Education Foundation
For the implementation of Non-Formal Educational Curriculum designed by Japan International Co
i. After taking over 42 Community Model Sch
On the directions of Minister of State for Education, Trainings and Standards in Higher Educat
Ms. Chiho Ohashi, Project Coordinator and Mr. Abid Hussain Gill
Minister of State for Education, Trainings and Standards in Higher Education/Chairman National
National Education Foundation is working on the design of instrument for technical and vocatio