Board of Governors
(1) The Board shall consist of thirteen members, including Chairperson, as under:-
- Four from civil society i.e., NGO’s Philanthropists, technocrats and academicians from private sector,
- Joint Educational Adviser (concerned), Ministry of Education,
- Financial Adviser (Education), Ministry of Finance,
- Vice-Chancellor Allama Iqbal Open University,
- “Eminent educationists from ICT, FATA, FANA and AJK.”
- Managing Director of the Foundation who shall be Member/Secretary;
(2) The Chairperson of the Board shall be selected by the Search Committee to be constituted by the Ministry of Education comprising members from the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Finance and Planning and a renowned N.G.O. involved in educational development which is not associated with the Foundation in running any of its programmes.
(3) There shall be Vice Chairman of the Board who shall be selected by the Members from amongst themselves.
(4) In order to ensure gender balance the Board may be composed of on equal number of men and women.
(5) The Members of the Board other than ex-officio members shall hold office for a period of three years following the date from which they were appointed as members and shall be eligible for re-appointment on such terms and conditions as may be prescribed under the rules. The Retiring members of the Board shall continue to perform their functions until their successors are appointed. For the initial selection of the members otherthan ex-officio members, Ministry of Education shall constitute a special committee comprising of government and non-government representatives for the selection.
(6) The Board shall meet at least twice a year. The Chairperson or the Vice- Chairperson or any three Members of the Board may at any time summon a meeting of the Board. Not less than seven days notice shall be given to the members of any such meeting and the agenda and the working papers for the meeting shall be circulated to the members with the notice of such meetings.
(7) The Board shall be responsible for management and administration of the affairs of the Foundation at policy level. The Board may from time to time delegate any of its powers to a committee or committees consisting of three or more members as it deems appropriate. Any committee so formed shall conform to any regulations that may be made by the Board and shall be governed in the exercise of the powers so delegated by the provisions contained for regulating meeting and proceedings.
(8) The Chairperson of the Board in consultation with members may invite advisers and experts by special invitation to the meeting of the Board.
(9) The Managing Director shall be the Chief Executive of the Foundation. The Managing Director shall be a full time salary paid employee of the Foundation.
(10) The Board shall generally pursue vision and mission of the Foundation for providing enabling education through public private partnerships for disadvantaged groups and carry out the objectives of the Foundation which include promotion of education, capacity building and Research and Development.
(11) The Board shall have the responsibility to determine direction and scope of the activities of the Foundation. It shall also have the responsibility to review, approve work plan, projects, approving grants, donations, loans, contributions, technical assistance to partner organisations, NGOs and others school operators and Community Board Organisations.
(12) The Board shall review, revise and approve the annual and supplementary budgets.
(13) The Board may exercise the powers of the Foundation to acquire, borrow or to mortgage property or any part thereof or to issue debentures or other securities.
(14) The Board may from time to time and at any time appoint any company, organisation, NGO or person to be the attorney or attorneys of the Foundation for such purposes including audit of the Foundation and with such powers, authorities and discretions for such period and subject to such conditions as the Board may deem appropriate.
(15) The Board shall record minutes to be kept in bound volume provided for the purpose: (a) of names of the persons present in each meeting of the Board and any committee of the Board; (b) of all resolutions and proceedings at all meetings of Board and committees of the Board. Every member present at any meeting of Board shall be provided minutes for obtaining their consent.
(16) Minutes of the Board’s meeting shall be open for inspection by any member during office hours. Minutes of the Executive Committee of all the meetings shall be presented in the next meeting of the Board.
(17) The Board may meet on a tentative agenda to be confirmed at the meeting, adjourn, or otherwise regulate its meetings as it deems fit.
(18) The quorum necessary for the transaction of the business of the Board shall be observed as simple majority.
(19) All questions arising at a meeting of the Board shall be decided by simple majority of votes to be given by a show of hands but the Chairperson may order, if so requested by any member, that voting on any specific question shall be by secret ballot. In the event of an equality of votes howsoever given the Chairperson shall have a second or casting vote.
20) The Chairperson of Board shall preside at every Board’s meeting. If at any meeting he is not present, the Vice-Chairperson of the Board shall preside over the meeting and, failing him, the members present may choose one of their member to be the Chairperson of the meeting.
(21) A member of the Board shall be paid travelling, boarding, lodging and other expenses incurred by them in the performance of their duties or business if any of them has to come to attend the Board or general meeting of the Foundation from outstation.
(22) The Board may create, abolish or suspend Foundation’s posts as deemed necessary: Provided that initially the required posts shall be created or abolished in consultation with the Finance Division.
(23) The Board may, from time to time delegate to the Chairperson such of its powers as it may consider necessary; provided that Chairperson in any emergency, which in his or her opinion requires immediate action, may take such action, but the action taken shall be reported to the Board in the next meeting.
(24) The Board may delegate any of its powers to the Managing Director to enable him to carry out his functions.
(25) The Board may determine, revise personal requirements, rules and salary structure of the Foundation employees according to prevailing market and can also offer incentives to attract competent professionals.
(26) The Board may approve, modify or amend rules and regulations of the Foundation framed or recommended by Executive Committee or Committee constituted for this purpose.
News & Events
Mr. Imran Afzal Cheema assumed charge of Managing Director, National Education Foundation on 1
The Managing Director, National Education Foundation briefed the Secretary, Ministry of Educat
For future collaboration of American Refugee Committee (ARC) and National Education Foundation
For the implementation of Non-Formal Educational Curriculum designed by Japan International Co
i. After taking over 42 Community Model Sch
On the directions of Minister of State for Education, Trainings and Standards in Higher Educat
Ms. Chiho Ohashi, Project Coordinator and Mr. Abid Hussain Gill
Minister of State for Education, Trainings and Standards in Higher Education/Chairman National
National Education Foundation is working on the design of instrument for technical and vocatio